Wednesday, June 21, 2017

When is enough actually enough?

This attack did not happen in Ohio, it was across the state line in Pennsylvania but I'm going to talk about it anyway.  This is my blog and I can do that.

Two children were attacked by a pit bull as the mother was getting her children out of her minivan. The little girl was still in her car seat.  The pit bull had escaped from a nearby yard and having nothing better to do, simply jumped into the car and mauled the children, a five-year-old boy, and a three-year-old girl.  When was the last time a Beagle did this?  How about a Poodle?  A Dachshund?

The children were treated at Lancaster Hospital and transported to Hershey Medical Center for additional treatment.  They are in serious but stable condition.  A witness stated that the boy's face was just "gone." 

Here is a comment posted on an article written about this mauling. I have removed the name to protect this lady's privacy.  This is horrifying.



XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My husband was in the ER at the hospitol where these dear children were first taken. I was there and saw the mother covered in her childrens blood. I heard the mothers anguish over if she could have done something different to protect her babies. I heard the toddler girl screaming from around the hallway. I heard a very distraught mother repeat that her beautiful boy will never look the same! I heard a visably shaken doctor tell the mother that her son will look different but he is alive! "Your boy is alive"! I saw the fathers look of utter confusion when he arrived as to how this happened to his family. I heard the mother say she was getting her children out of her car. The boy first. He was attacked right on the sidewalk. The girl was still in her car seat. The dog got in the car! The dog attacked her sitting in her car seat! This is what I heard. I was in tears for this family. My heart was so sad for them. I prayed for them sitting at my husbands bedside. It was all I could do for them in that moment. I will continue to pray for them. I will never forget this family.

The simple act of getting the kids out of the car has changed life forever for this innocent family.  

When is enough actually enough? 

Incident logo